MQ Health Wellness Series: Protect Your Family from Diabetes
Every five minutes, someone in Australia is diagnosed with diabetes. If left undiagnosed or unchecked for too long, diabetes can lead to serious and often life-threatening health conditions. In the lead up to World Diabetes Day, join MQ Health clinicians and academics to gain a deeper understanding of diabetes and of what you can do to protect your family.
The event will feature a facilitated panel discussion and an opportunity to have your questions answered.
Topics to be covered include:
- An overview of diabetes including type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes
- Spotting the early warning signs and understanding the risk factors
- The interplay between the family environment and diabetes
- A whole-of-family approach to prevention
- Approaches to healthy eating and active living.
Light supper: 6:30pm - 7pm
Panel discussion: 7pm - 8pm
Question & answer: 8pm - 8:30pm
Professor Simon Willcock, GP and Clinical Program Head of Primary Care, Wellbeing and Diagnostics, MQ Health
- Associate Professor Bernard Champion, Endocrinologist, Discipline Head of Endocrinology and MD Course Stage 1 Lead, MQ Health
- Dr Josephine Chau, Public Health Researcher and Senior Lecturer, Department of Health Systems & Populations, MQ Health
- Dr Veronica Preda, Endocrinologist and Senior Lecturer, Department of Clinical Medicine, MQ Health
- Dr Rimante Ronto, Public Health Researcher and Lecturer, Department of Health Systems & Populations, MQ Health
MQ Health is Australia's first fully-integrated university-led health sciences centre, combining excellence in clinical care with teaching and research. It brings together Macquarie University Hospital, MQ Health Clinics, the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and clinical components of the Faculty of Human Sciences at Macquarie University.
Free parking will be available next door at Macquarie University Hospital, 3 Technology Place, Macquarie University.
We look forward to seeing you there.