City of Parramatta is under construction and a number of our city-based car parks and roads are closed. Whichever way you’re getting to Parramatta Nights, pre-plan your trip for a fuss-free experience, and please travel COVID-19 safe and by practicing good hygiene and wearing a face mask on public transport, ridesharing and taxis and whenever you can’t socially distance.
Parramatta Interchange is well serviced by buses and trains. The trip takes approximately 30 mins from Central Station, 25 mins from Redfern Station and around 15 minutes from Strathfield Station. For all transport information visit transportnsw.info or call 131 500.
Prince Alfred Square in approximately a 15-minute walk from Parramatta train station, and a 25-minute walk from Westmead train station.
There’s also the option to catch the ferry. Departure is from Milsons Point and Circular Quay, and along the Parramatta River.
For buses on Smith St, alight near Phillip, George and Macquarie Streets to head to City Centre Carpark Rooftop. If you’re coming from the bus stops along Victoria Rd, head down Church St towards the CBD.
From Parramatta train station, turn right out of the gates to continue to Parramatta Square. You can also access Parramatta Square from Macquarie Street.
From the CBD continue west down Church Street to reach Price Alfred Square.
If you’re heading to City Car Park Rooftop, head towards Horwood Place down Smith or Church street.
Ride your Bike
Parramatta CBD is well connected to bike paths and greenways, so not only is it easy to get around, but also great for your health and the environment!
There are over 40 secure bike parking spaces in two city centre locations:
- Eat Street Car Park (Erby Place)
- City Centre Car Park (Horwood Place)
There are over 5000 on-and off-street parking spaces in the Parramatta Local Government Area. Find out more about parking options.
Take advantage of the Park for Free promotion until 30 April 2021, when spending $20 at participating businesses. Find out more.
Closest car parks to the Parramatta Nights events:
- For Parramatta Square Jazz Nights, the closest park is Parramatta Station Car Park (Wentworth Street), or as you exit the train station turn right.
- Open-Air Cinema and Roller Rink at Prince Alfred Square: Closest parks Eat Street, Justice Precinct and City Centre
- The Rooftop Hangout: City Centre Car Park is the most central off-street parking during the event.
Ride sharing and taxis
If you’re using a ride-sharing service, motorists can use the following locations when setting down or picking up passengers near Parramatta Railway Station.
- Within the ‘No Parking’ restrictions, south-west side of Valentine Avenue south of Wentworth Street, Parramatta
- Within the ‘No Parking’ restriction on the south-west side of Fitzwilliam Street in front of the taxi rank
- Within the ‘P5min’ ‘No Parking’ or ‘No Parking – Coaches excepted’ restriction on the north-east side of Fitzwilliam
- Motorists can also use parts of Fire Horse Lane for pick up and set down of passengers
- Within the ‘No Parking’ restriction on the west side of Smith Street, north of Darcy Street (outside the Sydney Water building)
There are several taxi stands located in Parramatta CBD including Philip Street, George Street and Valentine Avenue.