Riverside Theatres: Where Life Imitates Art
Dance, musicals, comedy, music, film, Parramatta's Where It's At when it comes to quality arts performances. On the banks of the historic Parramatta River, the Riverside Theatres stages are set to go wild this season with a variety of shows for the whole family.
About Riverside Theatres Parramatta
Riverside Theatres is Western Sydney's premier performing arts centre. With many diverse events a year Riverside offers unique live experiences as well as digital experiences with Riverside Digital.
The theatre plays an important role in building a diverse, thriving local City culture. It entertains, enriches and inspires artists and audiences from Parramatta and beyond with live performances, events and festivals.
Opened in 1988, Riverside Theatres incorporates three venues under one roof:
- Raffertys is the most intimate space, ideal for small corporate events, seminars, stand up comedy acts, small scale productions and cinema.
- The Lennox accommodates medium-sized productions like comedy, dance, drama, music and family live performance events.
- The largest theatre, the Riverside, with its plush seating and proscenium arch stage and orchestra pit is perfect for larger scale productions like musicals or dance shows.
Riverside Theatres Events
Riverside Theatres are hosting so many events this season. Check out what's on:
Heroes and heroines. Dark secrets and magical endings. Fairytale characters as you have never seen them before.
GRIMM is a contemporary dance piece that promises a world of imagination and beauty as Snow White, The Frog Prince, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and others find a path through the mysteries and dangers of youth to find joy, understanding and maturity.
The sublime soprano. The emotional countertenor. Closely connected but distinctly different, the high male and female voices are the sparkling stars of Baroque.
Individually alluring, collectively dynamic, two leading Australian singers will share the stage in a shimmering exposition of Baroque arias and duets.
Planning your visit to Parramatta
- Getting here
Riverside Theatres is located on the corner of Church and Market Streets, Parramatta, NSW, 2150.
Train: The theatre is approximately a 15 minute walk from Parramatta train station. Exit from Darcy Street, turn right into Church Street and follow it up to the theatre, just across the Lennox Bridge.
Bus: Bus services are available to Parramatta from all directions: through Hills Bus, Sydney Buses and Hopkinsons. The nearest bus stops are on Wilde Ave/Smith St – a short walk away from the theatre.
Ferry: The Parramatta Ferry Wharf is a 10 minute walk to Riverside Theatres.
The theatre is on the bank of the Parramatta River, alongside 10 hectares of river walks, parks, restaurants and bars.
The box office is located in the Foyer and currently opens 1 hour prior to performances.
P: 02 8839 3399
Phone lines are monitored Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and 1 hour prior to performances.
To support our local community and local businesses, City of Parramatta and Transport for NSW are offering free parking at Council’s City Centre and Eat Street car parks until 30 April 2021 – shop at a participating business and you’ll receive a voucher for free parking, for more info and terms and conditions.
If you are driving, you may wish to allow extra time to reach the venue. Please note that due to the Parramatta Light Railworks, Church Street is currently closed to general traffic between Market & Macquarie Streets.
Riverside Theatres is approximately a 30 minute drive from Sydney CBD.
Eat Street restaurants and cafes are still serving and are walking distance from Riverside Theatres.
Explore the Pre-Theatre Dining offer at Novotel's 350 Restaurant & Lounge. Find out more.
There are lots of hotel options close to Riverside Theatres, the closest being Novotel, The Meriton Suites and PARKROYAL. Find more accommodation options in Parramatta.
If you're looking for things to see and do before or after the theatre explore:
- Nature and parks
- Bushwalks, cycleways, boating and picnics - Parramatta's green spaces are yours to enjoy. Historical experiences
- Parramatta is a fascinating historical hub, from its rich indigenous culture to the many heritage buildings open for you to explore. Tours
- Take a guided tour around Parramatta to learn more about the history, culture, architecture and food of Sydney's Central City. Parramatta's nightlife
- Bars, pubs and places to enjoy quality time with friends. Top attractions
- Circus skills, escape rooms, skateparks, nature spots and heritage buildings - explore Parramatta's top attractions.
Where Life Is Full Colour
Parramatta Is Where It's At.
There’s always something happening here. If you're looking for more amazing Parramatta experiences, we've got you covered.