The Rooftop Hangout
**TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT FOR THIS EVENT**
Chill and listen to live music by some of the hottest artists against a backdrop of the Parramatta CBD skyline, including Briggs, The Chats (‘Smoko’), Ruby Fields, Triple One & more.
Clipped TV VJs are supplying unique, glitchy and sometime warped content.
With food by Butter Sydney and a rooftop bar, there’ll be plenty to enjoy at The Rooftop Hangout.
The Rooftop Hangout is an 18+ licenced event. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Thursday, 25 March **SOLD OUT**
Filter and Bodega Collective presents Triple One feat. A Girl, Planet Vegeta, Maxine, Gibrillah, Isaac Puerile and Latifa Tee
Triple One - Bio
Triple One are impossible to categorise, and even harder to ignore. Brash bars come courtesy of rappers Marty Bugatti and Obi Ill Terrors, melodic hooks by Lil Dijon float in paranormal fashion, while greyscale production is expertly crafted by Billy Gunns.
Triple One are a sonic experiment between hard, soft and all the textures in between. Triple One's early cult singles 'Doozy' and 'Overflow' scored millions of views and streams internationally, and 2018 was the year that Triple One broke into Australian mainstream consciousness: Their singles 'Showoff', 'Tarlo' and 'Valentine Kid' were added to high rotation on triple j, and they were also profiled by Complex, GQ and Highsnobiety.
Their 2019 single 'Butter' also dominated radio airwaves and led to the group's debut UK/European tour and five sold-out shows across Australia. 'Butter' was later certified Gold in Australia. In 2020, Triple One released their debut album 'Panic Force' which debuted at #1 on the ARIA hip-hop charts, and #8 on the ARIA album charts.
It was also crowned the triple j 'Feature Album of the Week'. Onstage is where Triple One truly state their case. Having earned a notorious live reputation through relentless gigging across Australia, Triple One's sprawling performances have led to sold-out headline gigs around the country; shows alongside Rich Brian, Smokepurpp and Lil Xan; as well as landmark festivals like Falls, Listen Out and The Great Escape.
- Friday, 26 March **SOLD OUT**
Tickets have sold out for this event.
Ruby Fields, Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers, Dying Adolescence, Beat Disc DJs
Ruby Fields - Bio
Ruby Fields has had a highly decorated ascent since her track “Dinosaurs” came in at #9 on the world’s biggest public voted music poll.
Two years after earning her well-deserved place in the triple j Hottest 100 in 2018, her fanbase only continued to grow. The same track, with all its blistering guitars and earworm hooks, placed at #84 in the Hottest 100 of the decade – an incredible feat for an artist who only uploaded her debut hit “I Want” to triple j Unearthed in 2017.
“Dinosaurs” has now amassed over 12 million streams across streaming platforms. The EP it’s lifted from, 2019’s Permanent Hermit EP, has clocked over 15.1 million plays on Spotify.
As Ruby Fields launches into the next phase of her career, her upcoming debut album primes her as not only a notable musician and songwriter, but also as a complex individual with emotional duality.
- Saturday, 27 March **SOLD OUT**
Briggs, Kobie Dee, Barkaa, Flywaves
Briggs - Bio
From mattress-proofed recording studios in Melbourne, to LA’s most esteemed comedy writing rooms, Briggs has affirmed himself as one of the country’s most talented all-rounders in both music, TV and now publishing. As founder and director of his own Indigenous hip hop record label, Bad Apples Music, Briggs’s forthcoming EP Always Was include the first single off the rank ‘Extra Extra’ and the most recent single ‘Go To War’ features the smooth voice of friend and collaborator Thelma Plum as they explore the idea of what it means to write from a place of having no recourse. Keep watching as there’s more to come from this quadruple-threat from Shepparton.
- Sunday, 28 March **SOLD OUT**
Tickets have sold out for this event.
The Chats, The Buoys, Jackie Brown Jr., King O.P.P.
The Chats - Bio
Formed in their mate’s bong shed in Coolum, Queensland 2016 when all three members were seventeen, The Chats represent everything that’s good about Australia and nothing that’s bad: a rebel spirit, gallows humour and the endless hedonistic pursuit of A Bloody Good Time. Cold stubbies within close reach, 24-7. Drawing influence from the same fertile Australian pub rock scene that spawned everyone from AC/DC and The Saints to Cosmic Psychos and The Hard Ons, and sharing a similar singular self-contained approach to their art as such latter-day Aussie rock heroes as King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, The Chats describe themselves as “dropkick drongos from the Sunshine Coast of Australia”. It’d be difficult to argue otherwise.
The City of Parramatta Events and Festivals Unit is registered as a COVID Safe business. We take the health and well-being of our patrons and the greater community seriously and are managing all our events in accordance with specific COVID Safety Plans and the latest advice from NSW Health.
Covid 19 Conditions
Entry to the event site is subject to the Covid 19 Conditions of Entry as follows:
1) All entrants to the event site must check-in to Parramatta Nights using the Service NSW Covid-19 Check-in App. Entrants may be requested to provide proof of check in and failure to do so will result in being refused entry to the site
2) For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, you must not come to Parramatta Nights for an Event if you:
- feel unwell or if you are displaying any of the Covid-19 symptoms as identified by NSW Health such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste
- have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days or are awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test
- are required to self-isolate
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the 14 days before your intended date of visit to Parramatta Nights
- have returned from overseas or have visited a “positive Covid-19 case location” as outlined by NSW Government in the last 14 days before your intended date of visit to Parramatta Nights
3) Entrants agree to adhere to current physical distancing requirements and to practice good respiratory etiquette to help stop the spread of Covid-19 (hand sanitising and hand wash stations are provided)
4) Audience members are to remain seated while at the event unless using the amenities or in the process of ordering or collecting food or drinks.
Due to the evolving nature of the Covid-19 pandemic and legislation, requirements may change from one day to the next. Consequently, the City of Parramatta may need to make changes to these Conditions of Entry from time to time.