The Wanderers: Where Thousands Share One Voice
Parramatta is Where It's At when it comes to sports. This season the Western Sydney Wanderers are competing in a series of games at Bankwest Stadium against teams including Melbourne City, Phoenix, Perth Glory, and more.
Established in April 2012, The Western Sydney Wanderers football club proudly represents Western Sydney. Its founding principle is 'for the people of Western Sydney, by the people of Western Sydney'. Its logo incorporates both the landscape of the Western Sydney region - mountains, valleys, and rivers - and the diverse community for whom Western Sydney is home.
Where To Eat On Game Days
With the 2021 season just around the corner, fans are gearing up to once again be welcomed to the games to enjoy all the action, live and in person. Bankwest Stadium brings fans closer to the action in Parramatta and we’ve got you sorted for all your pre-post game drinks needs.
Planning your visit to Parramatta
- Getting here
The closest train station to Bankwest Stadium is Parramatta Stadium (approximately 10 mins walk).
Regular buses also run to the Parramatta Interchange which is approximately 10 mins walk to Bankwest Stadium.
You can also catch the ferry to Parramatta Wharf, which is about 15 mins walk to Bankwest Stadium.
Use the NSW Transport Trip Planner to help plan your journey by public transport.
If you want to drive to Bankwest Stadium, you have a few different parking options.
Bankwest Stadium offers paid parking options for visitors - check their website for up-to-date parking information.
There are also nearby car parking options at:
Bankwest Stadium offers a variety of options for food and beverages. Otherwise, you can read our article on 10 places to eat and drink before or after game days in Parramatta or discover places to eat and drink on Church Street and in Harris Park.
Parramatta offers a range of accommodation options near Bankwest Stadium for all budgets. Discover Parramatta's accommodation options.
If you're looking for things to see and do before the game explore:
- Family fun: Water play, ten pin bowling, laser tag, archery - there's plenty of options to keep the kids entertained.
- Nature and parks: Bushwalks, cycleways, boating and picnics - Parramatta's green spaces are yours to enjoy.
- Historical experiences: Parramatta is a fascinating historical hub, from its rich indigenous culture to the many heritage buildings open for you to explore.
- Tours: Take a guided tour around Parramatta to learn more about the history, culture, architecture and food of Sydney's Central City.
- Parramatta's nightlife: Bars, pubs and places to go after the game.
- Top attractions: Circus skills, escape rooms, skateparks, nature spots and heritage buildings - explore Parramatta's top attractions.
Where Life Is Full Colour
Parramatta Is Where It's At.
There’s always something happening here. If you're looking for more amazing Parramatta experiences, we've got you covered.